In fab news, art director Jane Donald is now working on the cover art for Takeshita Demons. She’s discussed some ideas with Siku, a renowned graphic artist who’s worked for Sega Europe, Usborne, Marvel Comics and more. He’s also worked on The Manga Bible and Judge Dredd. This guy can really draw!
The roughs we’ve had back are all ace, featuring Miku, Cait and some very spooky yokai from the book, but now for the tough bit: which one do we choose?
I love them all, but that doesn’t help. I guess we need to think about:
- how they’ll look in colour,
- how they’ll look when shrunk down on Amazon pages or in book catalogues,
- how well they represent the book and its style and story,
- how well they appeal to boys, to girls,
- how well they appeal to parents and librarians (who may well be forking out the cash)
- gut feeling
- other stuff (what other stuff? what else should we be thinking about?)
Which cover idea do you prefer? What do you like about it?