It’s that Book Week time of year! If you’re looking for costume ideas, or you’re keen to dress up as a book character from an Australian book, or (like me) you’d love suggestions for an awesome-but-also-quick-and-easy costume idea, check out these…
– adopt the sass of Wednesday Weeks and dye a streak of hair
– take the weather-friendly option and dress in a yellow raincoat like Cam or Sophie from Beneath the Trees
– choose method acting and dress as Harry from Off The Track (complete with grumpy attitude)
– embrace Take Your Skull To School Day and escort Bruce from Wednesday Weeks and the Tower of Shadows
– choose the Covid-friendly book week costume and include a face mask when you dress as Fiona Wood and celebrate one of our most awesome Aussie STEM Stars.
Whatever costume you choose to wear, I hope you have a whole heap of FUN dressing up as your favourite children’s book character! And a huge thanks to the Children’s Book Council of Australia for being such huge supporters of Children’s Book Week every year!