5 top tips for turning your child on to reading Advice for parents with reluctant readers
12 ways to read a picture book Advice from visual literacy expert Dr Ernie Bond on deconstructing picture books.
- Author marketing: example bios, straplines and spiffing pants Advice from Hachette Australia’s Jaki Arthur on how to market yourself as an author.
- 6 top tips: Preparing for the NAPLAN narrative writing test Ideas on how to quickly establish great characters and emotionally involve your reader – also useful to those not about to take a NAPLAN test 😉
- 15 things I learned redrafting my novel: how to edit your own work Advice is hard to take, especially when you’re giving it to yourself, but I have learned the hard way.
- How to steal story ideas and ingredients from history, science and culture Blast away the fictional cobwebs with some inspiration from the real world. It really works!
- How to write a synopsis: four big secrets and an example Because we all need a gripping blurb…
- How to get published: secrets revealed at the Perth Writers Festival Some gems from publishing professionals.
- 10 questions your TV pitch should answer…with producer Amanda Higgs Loved ‘Secret Life of Us’ or ‘The Time of Our Lives’? Check out these tips from producer Amanda Higgs.
- 3-step CPR for your feature film script (or my over-edited novel) Stuck with your draft novel and don’t know where to turn? Try this.
- Download my top ten tips for writing great stories. Perfect for students.